Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Twisted Turn

So a few nights ago I had to take my hubs into the ER. He was having cardiac like symptoms and it's always better to be cautious than not. He's fine and all, but the experience has left us with many questions. 


He started reading an athletic training book and came across something we both thought was interesting. Now I'm not saying this is what has happened to him but the symptoms are similar. 


Most of us have heard of a gluten intolerance by now, but what about a Carb Intolerance? 


Ya, we hadn't either.  The book suggests a two week trial "Diet". 


The word Diet makes me gringe. To me, it says "go without" or "eliminate". I don't know about you, but when someone tells me I can't have something, I want it more than ever. 


So when he said he wanted to try this diet, I took a deep breath and held it. I heald it until he started reading the "regulated foods". 


At that point I started to laugh and say " Wait, we already do that!" And here it comes...


He only eats supper at the house for the most part. So, out with that, finally! 


As it has it, it took some shaking (not from me) for him to fully commit to a clean eating lifestyle. 


Now, please don't take me wrong. We are way far from a "perfect eating" family. But we do the best we can with our schedule. 


Hopefully, over the next few weeks we can nail down the cause and move forward.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always feel like I'm talking to myself, so help me out and write what you think :)
Thanks, Sherree