Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Welcome Back

 

Travel in this era of the Corona Virus has been super stressful, almost obsolete. I'm sure you can relate when I say that part of me wants to keep my family tucked away, snug as a bug, safely in our home as the other part wants to run freely down the crowded beach asking "What virus?"  Let us be realist here, we need a little bit of both sides of the coin to maintain sanity.

             We are quite the travel bugs, so this shutdown of life has really been difficult. Through the grace of God we were able to get out on the rivers, lakes and parks to explore some of the great outdoors while we got in our exercise. With so much extra time on my hands, reflecting has been an ever day activity. I have thought about the day trips, camping adventures, bug bites and laughter that we have had over the past few years. We have been so blessed in that area. As much fun as it is to go on these trips, it is always taxing to gather links, resources and simple knowledge of what we would actually be doing. I think we must spend a good bit of a month just picking the right place to lay our heads at night. I can hear my husband as he is doing some searching “Should we pick site 12 vs 18? Or better yet 3583 has a slop that leads down to the water. Should we get that one?” It is a lot.

 I also reflect about this blog. What do I do with it? I have been told some of you have been missing my writing. I figured, with a bit of encouragement from my Uncle, that I would take this time to jump back in and share some of our musings with helpful links and pictures to each of our findings. Since we are doing the work anyway, why not share what we learn? If we can save a Momma a bit of stress by doing the legwork, I am all for it.   I am not sure exactly where this is going yet, but I do hope you enjoy our family’s collection of resources.

 

Much love,

Sherree


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always feel like I'm talking to myself, so help me out and write what you think :)
Thanks, Sherree