Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Garden of Eatin'




Last year about this time is when I got the grand idea that my son would love to grow some tomato & pepper plants.
We had a fantastic time getting the soils, seeds and everything else in order. Ok, let's be honest, He was two! He just wanted to play in the dirt. Hence why he flipped the trays of seedlings over. And mommy could no longer decipher what was what.


This year is going to be different! Instead of starting seeds, ( which come on, I really need something else to baby?) I went to "Seven Oaks Plant Shop" off of St. Andrews road.

 We scored some heirloom tomatoes,  bell peppers, blueberries, watermelon, strawberries, basil, rosemary and red lettuce. Alex was so helpful, and super patient with the little's I was toting. He gave us many pointer, some I will have to make a phone call to remember. The one I do recall is to plant 'Borage' with the tomatoes and it will help keep the long horned worms away. Great now, I can't remember if that's the real name, or if it's the made up one to help me remember. Geesh, thank god I can just swing by because they are local!



 Anyway, This is our score for the day, and well, I went over board. Hahaa. Go figure. I am sure these eleven, yup, eleven tomato plant will yield a fabulous marinara canning day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always feel like I'm talking to myself, so help me out and write what you think :)
Thanks, Sherree