Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Remake!

  

A few of us local foodie people have volunteered to take part in a cooking challenge put on by The Last Bitten. There are about 500 participants, and we must remake recipes from the last issue of Bona Appétit magazine. They have assigned the recipes and I was chosen to make Fermented Grape Soda!



  Ha-ha, yup, SODA! It’s really kind of funny because a) I do not drink soda, b) I will actually have to measure and c) I have to stay dedicated to the recipe for seven days. To measure and stay on top of the recipe for a week is going to be the most nerve wrenching part.  I mean, I never measure! It’s always a pinch of this and a dash of that then, Tada’. I have a tasty dish on the same day I started.


  This is going to teach me to slow down and take care in what I am doing. Really, it’s forcing me to walk through each step with a little more caution.  It makes me smile to see lessons like this come my way.

  I have grated my fresh ginger, measured my sugar and water. Swirled it around, topped the jar with some cheesecloth and now I wait.

  I am excited to see the dishes our local friends finish as well as how this grape soda will taste. 


Here is the link to the remake;




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always feel like I'm talking to myself, so help me out and write what you think :)
Thanks, Sherree