Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fantastic Fish Stick

I was talking to my girlfriend the other day. We were discussing our quick meals that we reach for when we don't feel like cooking. Yes, every- so -often, I don't want to cook.
She brought up Fish Sticks and a quickly realized that I have never fed my sweet babies Fish Sticks. That's a huge mommy faul on my part. After all, aren't eating Fish Sticks a childhood right of passage? 

Another friend supplied me with a super kid friendly recipe. We all know I can't follow one, so here's my adaption. 



Fish sticks

1 teaspoon roasted cumin 
1 tea basil
1 tea lemon peel
1 1/2 tea dill
1 tea sea salt
1/2 tea pepper

2 cups breadcrumbs (I used pepridge farms

2 cups yogurt (I only had vanilla 😉)

2 pounds tuna ( giver or take. Just enough for four persons)

I mixed the spiced in the yogurt. Let it Merry for about ten mins

I sliced the fish against the grain then rolled it in each yogurt mix to breadcrumbs. Place on lightly olive oiled baking sheet and place in a preheated 400 degree oven until the bred crumbs browned then I flipped the and cooked another 10 mins or so. 

I am a firm believer in using what you have. Hence why I used tuna. I suggest using a milder fish. A white fish like flounder or cod. 
I think it works best with about a inch or so rise. Then you can adjust cooking accordingly.


I have some leftover and plan in making a Balsomic reduction for a sweet addition. 

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always feel like I'm talking to myself, so help me out and write what you think :)
Thanks, Sherree